Spiced Oat Drink
- Created by: Ty
- Inspired by: Cheiron and his love of oats. - 1.06 - Teacher's Pests, 1.13 - Forgery
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 4 cups milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch ground cloves
- 3 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Place the water, milk and oatmeal in a medium pot over medium heat and cook about 15 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cinnamon stick, ground cloves and sugar and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the oatmeal mixture in a plastic container and refrigerate for a least 3 hours.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and place the mixture in a blender and blend for 2 minutes. Add more water if you like a thinner consistency.