- Found By: Bryn.
- Inspired By: The Academy Cook who is angry about his life and rolling around in barley. - 1.44 - Parents' Day
- Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking barley
- Chicken broth
- Cook onions in oil until caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Saute mushrooms in butter.
- Cook barley in chicken broth as the label directs, then toss with the mushrooms, onions, some dill and salt.