- Created By: Bryn
- Inspired By: Hercules claiming that there's "lots of good food" at Bacchus's Cavern. - 1.19 - The Lure of the Lyre
- This recipe is based on Mulled Wine.
- Yield: Makes 5 to 6 drinks.
- 1 bottle full-bodied red wine, like cabernet or merlot
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 6 to 8 cloves
- 6 to 8 golden raisins
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 vanilla bean or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- In a small sauce pot, simmer the wine and all other ingredients except sugar over low heat for about 30 minutes. Do not let the wine come to a boil. After 30 minutes, stir in the sugar until fully melted.
- Take the wine off the heat, strain out the solids, and serve while hot.