TV Movie Summary
- Released: June 26, 1999 (New Zealand)
- First in the trio of Lawless TV movies, the second being Lawless: Dead Evidence and the third being Lawless: Beyond Justice.
- His cover is about to be broken. By the person he least suspects. And staying on the right side of the law is the least of his problems...
- Hard-nosed cop John Lawless (Kevin Smith) has been undercover too long. As he prepares to make the biggest bust of his career - the arrest of the drug lord Terry Bowers (Joel Tobek) - Lawless suddenly finds himself on the wrong side of the law with $40,000 of stolen money in his hands. Determined to uncover his betrayer, Lawless finds an unlikely ally in feisty would-be detective Jodie Keane (Angela Dotchin). His life falling apart around him, Lawless realizes he has been framed - by a dangerous foe who will do anything to destroy him. Lawless has everything to lose, unless he and Jodie can turn the tables on their enemies...
- In this award-winning thriller, Kevin Smith (Xena, Hercules) stars alongside Angela Dotchin (Shortland Street, Jack Of All Trades) in the action-packed adventure that introduces maverick anti-hero John Lawless and his beautiful and fearless partner Jodie Keane.
- Angela Marie Dotchin plays Jodie Keane
- Bruce Hopkins plays Andy Deakin
- Elizabeth Hawthorne plays Susan Ellis
- Joel Tobeck plays Terry Bowers
- Kevin Smith plays John Lawless
- Margaret-Mary Hollins plays Guard's Wife
- Ross Duncan plays Alan Snow
- Susan Brady plays Marla Lawless
- Calvin Tuteao plays Willy Kaa
- Geoff Dolan plays Detective Sergeant Dave Bruford
- Tahei Simpson plays Sonya Davidson
Watch the Opening Credits
The media player is loading...