Fish and Feta Popovers 01
This is Bryn's first attempt at making Fish and Feta Popovers, on May 7th, 2012.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tsp. Oil
- 2 Tsp. - Chives
- 2 Tsp. - Parsley
- 2 Tsp. - Dill
- 2 oz. - Feta Cheese
- 2 oz. - White Fish (like Cod)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Add 1/8 of a Tsp. Oil to the bottom of each cup.
- In one bowl, crumble the feta and fish, along with the dill and parsley. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine the milk and eggs, mix well using a whisk. Add the flour and chives. Mix well.
- Warm the muffin pan in a 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes. Once heated, divide the batter between the muffin cups. In the center of each serving insert a spoonful of the feta/fish mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. When the popovers are done baking take them out of the oven and remove them from the muffin pan, serve warm.
Final thoughts: Good, but slightly on the bland side. Could taste the dill and the fish, but everything else was a little underwhelming. Will probably use twice the feta and the chives next time, and try using all dried herbs for more flavor. Might also try using flavored feta.