Cleo's Fresh Lemonade
- Appeared In: 1.29 - Sisters
- Note: This recipe contains alcohol. For a great non-alcoholic recipe, try Alcmene's Lemonade.
When looking for a lemonade recipe that differed from Alcmene's, it was decided by Bryn and Ty that Cleo's version would likely have some form of alcohol in it, since she was totally pulling off some bartending moves there. To keep it Greek, Ty found a recipe that specifically uses ouzo, a popular anise-flavored liquor from Greece. Elements from both Simply Recipes' Perfect Lemonade and wikiHow's Orange Ouzo Lemonade were used in this recipe.
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3-4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- 1/2 cup ouzo
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water and 1/2 cup ouzo, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
- If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.