- Mentioned In: 1.14 - No Way Out
- Kora's boar kabobs are apparently a favorite amongst the cadets. When planning Lilith's party, Jason suggests that they be on the buffet menu.
- Souvlaki is the Greek term to describe skewers of meat that are marinaded in wine and grilled (aka meat kabobs). This recipe for was found by Bryn.
- Yield: About 4 skewers (9 inch).
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dried mint
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced finely
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled into tiny pieces
- 1 lb. pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 ¼ inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon (for serving)
- In a large non-reactive bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together. Add the pork cubes, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak these in a shallow pan filled with water while the meat marinates.
- Heat the grill to medium high. Thread the meat on to the skewers (about 6-7 pieces per skewer). Season the pork with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until they are cooked through. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the skewers before serving.