- Found By: Bryn.
- Inspired By: The Academy Cook who is angry about his life and rolling around in barley. - 1.44 - Parents' Day
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups cooked and cooled barley
- 1 small head fennel, julienned
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon, approximately 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Add the olive oil and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the barley, fennel, pine nuts, Parmesan, bacon and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing and stir to combine. Season, to taste, with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately or allow to sit in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.