- Found By: Bryn.
- Inspired By: The Academy Cook who is angry about his life and rolling around in barley. - 1.44 - Parents' Day
- Yield: 24 candies.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 drops barley flavored oil
- 1 drop food coloring, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over high heat until mixture boils and reaches 300 degrees F. Remove from heat and allow to stand until bubbles have settled. If desired, add 1 to 2 drops of a flavored oil and 1 drop of food coloring. Note: work quickly and limit stirring. As recipe begins to cool it will solidify rapidly.
- Pour into candy molds sprayed with cooking spray. Keep mixture warm on a double boiler. If mixture begins to harden, and becomes thick, it may be warmed in a microwave for a few seconds. When candies are cooled, store in an airtight container or pack individually.
- Hard candy molds may be purchased at most cake decorating and party supply stores.