- Found By: Bryn.
- Inspired By: The Academy Cook who is angry about his life and rolling around in barley. - 1.44 - Parents' Day
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 cup hulled barley
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the barley into a 1 1/2-quart ceramic or glass baking dish (with a lid) and add the butter, salt and boiling water. Stir to combine. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and place the lid on top of the foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the cover, fluff with a fork and serve immediately.