Bacchae in the Woods
- Created By: Bryn
- Inspired By: Hercules claiming that there's "lots of good food" at Bacchus's Cavern. - 1.19 - The Lure of the Lyre
- This recipe is based on Devils on Horseback.
- Yield: Makes 24.
- 24 large dates, pitted
- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup crumbled Stilton cheese (crumbled Gorgonzola is also good)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 24 toothpicks in a small bowl filled with water; let soak 15 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fit with a wire rack; set aside.
- Halve dates lengthwise being careful not to cut all the way through. Place a small amount of cheese in the center of each date. Wrap a piece of bacon around each date. Secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Place dates on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.