Angela Marie Dotchin
Angela was born in Auckland, New Zealand but her father's early success in business meant she traveled extensively when she young. By the age of 11, she had lived in Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles, London and Sydney and had spent six months in India with her mother and older sister. Her family returned to Auckland in 1985 and five years later, at age 16, she began modeling. She won the role of Kirsty in Shortland Street at her first audition. Angela's interests apart from acting include art, graphic design, music, writing, travel and kickboxing. At the beginning of her career, Angela had a long-term relationship with Temuera Morrison, New Zealand's biggest film star (they have since parted company). Angela's performance in the acclaimed New Zealand police drama earned "Lawless" earned her the 1999 New Zealand Television Award for Best Actress. She reprised her character in two additional "Lawless" television movies. She has appeared in both Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess.
- Renee Price in Maiden Voyage - 2005
- Chrissy in Serial Killers - 2004
- Jodie Keane in Lawless: Beyond Justice - 2001
- Jodie Keane in Lawless: Dead Evidence - 2001
- Mrs. Emilia Smythe Rothschild in Jack of All Trades - 2000
- Jodie Keane in Lawless - 1999
- Nautica in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys - 1999
- Kora, The Huntress, and The Nameless Archer in Young Hercules - 1998-1999
- Soraya in Xena: Warrior Princess - 1998
- Kirsty Knight in Shortland Street - 1992-1998
The following articles mentioned or depicted Angela:
- TV Guide (New Zealand) - August 25, 2000 - Dotchin Lays Down The Law
- Woman's Day (New Zealand) - September 4, 2000 - Angie's Street Scare: 'My fear was all too real'