Alcmene makes some awesome lemonade. Seriously. It has magical powers that can distract both Human and God alike. See for yourself:
- This recipe was found by Bryn. It was apparently served at a Greek festival in Norfolk.
- 5-6 lemons
- 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups water (or to taste)
- 1 tsp orange blossom water (available online)
- 3-4 mint sprigs
- Cut 5-6 large lemons into the thinnest slices possible. Place in a bowl, and pour 1/2 cup of the sugar over top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then use your hands to squish and squeeze the lemon slices. Strain the juice through a sieve into a pitcher.
- Repeat this process, using the rest of the lemons and sugar, until you can't get any more juice out of the lemons. The lemon pulp and peels should look pretty shredded by the time you're done.
- Add water and additional sugar to taste (we added about 2 cups of water, but didn't add any more sugar).
- Add the orange blossom water to the lemonade, stir well. Crush 2-3 mint leaves, add to a glass with ice, and pour the lemonade over it.
- Garnish with an additional sprig of mint and some lemon slices.