Located inside Cheiron's Academy.
Everyone has to pass through the gates to enter and exit the Academy - it leads into the Academy Courtyard. These gates are usually guarded by at least one armed cadet, and can be closed if the Academy has to defend itself from attack.
- to be added
- Seen in 1.19 - The Lure of the Lyre.
- Different in style to the front gates, which are built to withstand an attack, these side gates appear as flimsy protection in comparison.
- Guarded by a single cadet, but since it is not the main gate and therefore probably doesn't see much action at all, the cadet guard can be forgiven looking bored.
- The gate is usually kept closed, but not bolted unless there's a threat.
- Faces out to a forest area that eventually leads to Bacchus's Cavern.
- The gates form a kind of cross-hatch barrier with one long wooden beam to secure it.
- Cons: The cross-hatch is large enough for an enemy's arm to stick through, which puts anyone nearby at risk of being grabbed, and gives the enemy a chance to remove the beam holding the door closed. Also, the crosshatch is large enough for the toes of a boot to go through - an enemy could climb the gates and go over the top. With the space in the crosshatch, there is plenty of room for an arrow or a well-aimed spear to go through.